Support Services

Parents of a child with a disability need help. Finding out your child has a disability can be traumatic and stressful. It may be the beginning of a long road to find the best care and support for your child’s needs. Ultimately, you as parent, will be the coordinator of your child’s care. Information is essential to finding the right support and range of services to help you achieve the best possible future for your child.

Social Workers can help you during difficult times by providing confidential counselling, support and information. Call between 8am-5pm Monday to Friday on 132 850 to speak directly to a social worker. Parent Line provides support, counselling and parent education for the cost of a local call, phone 1300 30 1300 from 8am-10pm, 7 days a week.

State and Territory Government Sites


The Family Relationship Advice Line is a national telephone service to assist families affected by relationship or separation issues. It can refer callers to local services that can provide assistance and complements the information and services offered by Family Relationship Centres.

The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is an independent statutory agency. Their role is to implement the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which will support a better life for many Australians with a significant and permanent disability and their families and carers.